Fin Corps Assn Changes Awards Requirements365, 02 Dec 2011
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE SENT TO 6200 FM SOLDIERS ON 27 JULY 2010. THIS INCLUDED
ACTIVE, RESERVE AND NATIONAL GUARD PERSONNEL. ALSO FORWARDED TO RAFINO FOR DISTRIBUTION TO THE RETIRED COMMUNITY.
MESSAGE SENT FOR THE COMMANDANT/PRESIDENT OF THE FMCA - Your elected
Executive Council Members and the FMCA Board members voted to approve
the following changes to the awards program. These changes will help
reign in the cost of doing business versus expenses of providing the
1. Effective immediately only honor nominations from current FCA
members. Exceptions if Supervisor is not FM Soldier (i.e., SPO or
2. Effective 1 August 2010 require all nominations for non-members to
be accompanied by application for a minimum 3 year membership plus $75
to pay for costs associated with purchase of frame, medallion,
engraving, and mailing.
3. Continue with the rules established last year (AFMW Annual meeting
of the FCA that states that AFTER 1 May 2012 those that have not been
members for a minimum of three years are ineligible for nomination. The
procedures outlined in paragraph two above would cease at that time
since only members could be nominated.
4. NEW, (after 1 August 2010) fully paid up, Life members should get a free Regimental Print (unframed).
5. Increase the charge for Honorary Nominations to $75 to pay for
costs associated with purchase of frame, medallion, engraving, mailing.
(This does not apply to the Commandant's decision to confer an Honorary
Member of the Regiment on someone).
(if you wish to post a comment on this bulletin, please log in)