RAFINO By-Laws 15 Feb 2007316, 2/15/2007
THE SOCIETY OF RETIRED U.S. ARMY FINANCE OFICERS
(As Amended15 February 2007)
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of this organization shall be: The Society of Retired U.S. Army Finance Officers.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSES
The purposes of this patriotic, non-profit, non-political organization are:
To foster and preserve good fellowship relations among the retired officer members of the U.S. Army Finance Corps, and their surviving spouses, by providing the following for periodic distribution to the members:
- A central roster of names, addresses, and telephone numbers of members, and
- a newsletter containing items of interest to the membership.
- To organize and conduct periodic reunions of the membership.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP
Types of Membership shall be:
- Active. Such membership requires that the member be in official military service retired status in commissioned or warrant officer grade.
- Associate. Such membership is available to surviving spouses of deceased Active members.
- Honorary. Such membership may be granted, upon unanimous vote of the officers of the Society, to a select few persons who have rendered highly singular services to the Society, and who are deemed by the Society to be deserving of such recognition.
Initiation Fee and Dues.
- There will be a one time initiationfee.
- (**)Annual dues shall be required of Active members. The amount of annual dues shall be set from time to time by the membership. Annual dues are for the calendar year and are payable to the Secretary/Treasurer no later than 31 March of that calendar year.
- Payment of dues is not required of an Honorary member.
- Donations or voluntary overpayments of annual dues shall be accepted.
ARTICLE IV—OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES
The following shall be the elected officers:
- Vice President
- (*)2nd Vice President
- (***)Corresponding Secretary
(**)Special Staff Officers may be appointed by the President and approved by the Elected Officers as follows:
- Data Master
- b.Web Master
- c.Cruise Master
- d.Standing Reunion Advisory Group
- The heads and members of committees, standing or ad hoc, shall be appointed by the President as required to accomplish the business of the Society.
- Elections shall be held on a bi-annual basis in the Fall of each even-numbered year.
- Nominations. A nominating committee consisting of a chairperson and two members shall be appointed by the President by correspondence no later than three months before an election.
- The report of the nominating committee, containing the recommended slate of nominees, shall be made to the President, with copy to the Secretary/Treasurer, so as to be received by them no later than one month prior to the first day of the reunion session. In the event no reunion is scheduled for that year, it shall be submitted to them no later than one month prior to the scheduled date of the publication and distribution of the newsletter for that year—normally in the Fall of the year—in which case a mail ballot shall be the method of election for that year.
- Active members of the Society only shall have the right to nominate and vote for officers.
ARTICLE VI—TERM AND DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- Term of Office. Officers shall be elected to serve for a period of approximately two years, specifically from the time of their installation until the installation of new officers, normally at the business meeting of a reunion. If the election is not held in conjunction with a reunion, installation shall consist of written notification of election by the President holding office immediately prior to the election.
Duties of Officers.
The President shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the officers or membership;
- Appoint committee heads and members as required;
- Authorize in advance all contract awards or proposed expenditures from the treasury in the amount of $300.00 or more;
- Provide for the bi-annual inspection or audit, as appropriate, of the accounts of the Secretary/Treasurer.
- The ^Vice President shall perform the duties of the President in his absence, and such other duties as assigned by the President.
(*)The 2nd Vice President shall:
- Serve, when so instructed by the President, as the local point of contact for the Chairman of the Host Committee of the upcoming reunion; and
- (**)Be responsible for administration and financial transactions of the reunion.
- (**)Make an after action report, to include a complete financial accounting, for the reunion.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the President.
(*)The Secretary/Treasurer shall:
- Maintain the membership records of the Society;
- (2)(**)Receive and record payments of dues and donations;
- (3) Record and report the minutes of all meetings of the officers and the general membership;
- (4)Have charge of all funds and physical assets of the Society;
- (5)Maintain on a calendar year basis auditable records of funds and other assets of the Society;
- (6)Submit an annual calendar year financial report to the membership to be published in the issue of the newsletter immediately following the end of the calendar year;
- (7)Submit to the President a financial accounting of funds collected and disbursed, accounts receivable and/or payable, specifically pertaining to a reunion or similar undertaking.
(***)The Corresponding Secretary shall:
- Initiate correspondence with the membership via E-mail and snail mail as appropriate.
- Respond to correspondence from members and others.
- Serve as Editor of the RAFINO Report.
- Keep the RAFINO Officers informed of situations that may require their attention.
- Coordinate with the Secretary/Treasurer when membership or dues status is concerned.
(**)ARTICLE VII---SPECIAL STAFF
- Term of Office: Special Staff Members shall be appointed by the President and approved by the Elected Executive Staff to serve the Purposes of RAFINO without term so long as is mutually agreeable between the parties.
Duties of Staff:
- Editor of the RAFINO Report shall gather material from all sources and cause to be published a periodic Newsletter. Content of the Newsletter will support the Purposes of these Bylaws.
- Data Master will create and maintain a master file of data elements that will support all needs of the Organization for information about the Membership. Necessary subsidiary data files may be established and kept current.
- Web Master will create and maintain a professional web site to support the Purposes of these Bylaws.
- Cruise Master will plan and conduct a periodic Cruise for the furthering of camaraderie among members and guests who wish to participate.
- Standing Reunion Advisory Committee will assist the 2nd Vice President and the Reunion Committee in the planning for reunions. This assistance will include providing historical and planning information and procedures. Institutional knowledge will reside in this Committee.
ARTICLE VIII—AUDITS OF TREASURY
- There shall be an audit or inspection, as appropriate, of the financial and physical asset accounts of the Society no less often than bi-annually, but in any case, as soon after change of Secretary/Treasurers as is possible.
- The results of audits or inspections of the financial and physical asset accounts of the Society shall be published in the issue of the newsletter immediately following completion of the audit or inspection.
ARTICLE IX—DISSOLUTION OF THE SOCIETY
In the event of dissolution of the Society, remaining assets after satisfaction of all lawful obligations of the Society shall be distributed in accordance with the provisions of Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3), or amendments there of.
APPROVAL OF BY-LAWS AND AMENDMENTS THERETO
(*) The original By-Laws were unanimously approved by the officers of this Society on the 31st of August 1987. The vote was based on mail replies of charter members the great majority of whom approved such formation of this Society and the necessary steps to make it a non-profit veterans organization. Amendments (noted in the body of these by-laws with a symbol (*) preceding the affected or added wording) were approved by the membership in a properly constituted meeting of the membership, a quorum being present, on 4 October 1990. SIGNED THIS 31ST DAY OF JANUARY 1991: LOUIS A. CECCHINI, Secretary/Treasurer.
(**) The Amendments (noted in the body of these by-laws with a symbol (**) preceding the affected or added wording) were approved by ballot contained in the fall 2000 RAFINO Report by a majority of those members voting. Signed this 31st day of December 2000: Dave Mikkelson, Secretary/Treasurer. (see 2000 By-Laws)
(***)The Amendments (noted in the body of these by-laws with a symbol (***) preceding the affected or added wording) were approved by ballot contained in the fall 2006 RAFINO Report by a majority of those members voting. Signed this 15th day of February 2007 by Jerry D Heard, President.
- The President shall: