The Retired Army Finance Organization
"Keeping the Finance Family Together"

Text Size:

Login Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Request for Help/Info

2006, 08 May 2017

Bob Caetano is trying to help out a friend's daughter with an issue regarding birth of dependents overseas.

Here is his note and request.  If you can help him, please contact Bob via the email in his membership record.

I have a friend the daughter of a career
air Force vet.  She was born in a civilian hospital in Osaka Japan because where her father was stationed had no maternity facilities.  She recently applied for Medicare & was turned down because they sais she was not a citizen.  She went to Sen Cantwell who was no help.  I advised her to check the State Dept because when my daughter was born overseas we had to register her at the US Consulate even tho she was born in a Mil.  hosp.  The other advise was to check for her fathers dependency certificates which we had to file every yr.  I don't know where that would be for the Air Force.  Are there any other suggestions for her Thank you.  
Bob Caetano

(if you wish to post a comment on this bulletin, please log in)

© 2018 - Retired Army Finance Organization